the literary magazine: first mural


the literary magazine: first mural


2008. I was Editor-in-chief for the first ever literary magazine on campus. I was extremely nervous, but had a lot of ideas. One of them was to create awareness of the new magazine by creating a monthly "mural" that would be posted in strategic locations throughout campus. The mural would feature writing from our students. My hope was that it would attract students to our infant blog, which contained submission guidelines for the magazine as well as for the mural itself.

Unfortunately, it was determined that posting paper murals throughout campus was a "fire hazard" so the project was never carried out. However, before presenting the idea to my staff, I was able to create a sample mural. Below is the fourth version, which I recently found while organizing my computer files. The layout is based on really really old newspapers and notices. As you can see, I wrote a couple of  words to sell the idea. This document is unique in that it has all my pseudonyms in one page. Also, the magazine did not have a name at the time. Looking at the date on it, I can't believe we were able to create a magazine in so little time. Those were the good days.








Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment